Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Souffle

I had my sister & her family at my home for Christmas.  For our Christmas dinner I went the easy route on the main entree & opted for a spiral sliced ham.  So then the question was "what to serve with it"?  Why, sweet potatoes of course...or should I say, souffle!  Here is a great, easy recipe for you to try.

4 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup raisins
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 stick of melted butter
Mini marshmallows

Boil  peeled, sliced sweet potatoes in salted water until tender.  Mash the sweet potatoes & then whip with mixer until smooth. (I used a little extra evaporated milk to mash my sweet potatoes).  Mix with the rest of the ingredients, except marshmallows, & pour into greased casserole dish.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cover with the marshmallows for the last 5 minutes to let them brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment